Thursday, October 8, 2009

Updates


I decided to attempt logging into my blog today and couldn't hardly remember what my email address and password were. Oops...I suppose that's a sign that I haven't been a very good blogger for quite some time. Now that I am logged in, I am seeing that the background and all sorts of things need to be updated, but we'll save that for a later date. Until then, let's take a sneak peek inside the Garza Family and see what's been going on.

I finally put in my notice at work so the 30th will be my last and final day of commuting the insane 80 miles each way to and from work. I can't hardly wait to be able to spend more time with Enzo as well as more time with Alabe when he is home. I haven't had this opportunity, pretty much ever, and I am going to give it my all and make the best of being at home. I'm excited to finally be able to enjoy my family, my home and my pregnancy without the added stress. 16 more work days to go, you better bet I'm counting. I went to my prenatal appointment yesterday and met up with my new Dr. I am very sad to leave what I was so familiar with and I didn't realize how much I appreciated the previous Doctor's office until now, but I'm looking at the positive and looking forward to more appointments, starting next week. My blood pressure has taken a hike up, so it's nice to know my new Doctor is staying on top of it and watching over me.

Aside from Alabe's work schedule, he is now taking on the role of staying with Enzo while I work and he is off work. It's been working out great, Enzo adores him and Alabe is such a good daddy to him. I couldn't ask for a better man in our life, we are super blessed. The Railroad work is chuggin' along, but in this Economy you never know what can happen next. I'm praying that all goes well and we will be blessed in all aspects.

Enzo, oh Enzo! His sure is a JOY in our life. This little guy thinks about candy and cookies from sun up to sun down. Where is he getting all this junk? I tend to give him one piece a day and remind him that he can only have one, but he never stops asking and freaking out because he can't have it. I have recently started with the "time out" method of child rearing and as much as it makes me sad, I'm hoping for some postive results out of it. I ask my lil' guy if he wants to go in time out and he will shake his head yes, so I say "ok go" and he walks to his spot and sits down. It took him no time to figure out that was the "time out" spot. Sometimes he balls his eyes out, gets red faced with alligator tears, but mama stays strong and makes sure he understands why he is there and make him apologize. It's so sweet to hear his "sorry" after he has done something and get the sweet kiss from him. On another note, Enzo is SMART! He counts with me, usually only one, two repeatedly on his own, we sing our ABC's together, he sings songs, acts out songs, has an amazing vocabularly and sure does try to manipulate. I had to refrain from laughing the other day when I told him it was bedtime and he hid under his bed. After dragging him out and lying him down, he pops up and starts laughing while jumping up and down. Oh my, I kept a straight face while laughing on the inside and got him to go back down. Speaking of beds, we bought Enzo a Tikes Toddler Car Bed and are excited to transition him soon.

So much more to share, but so little time to do so...unti next time.

2 comments:

The Tao of Michelle said...

Cutest little guy!!! =) I am so glad that you get to quit the work and quit the commute! Woo Hoo. =) Can't wait to see more.

Unknown said...

I would laugh, and kiss him and say goodnight. He is too cute.