Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back into the groove...

I will miss these days at work!

No more staying home and enjoying the sweet life of mother and son, going where I want when I want, visiting with friends and family during the day, taking naps, sleeping in, etc. It's over!
My Sweet Enzo started daycare yesterday as I am back to work full time. The money I'll earn will be fabulous to pay the bills, but it's heart wrenching that I can't be there to teach Enzo the things a mother teaches. I have to say that I handled the drop off much better than expected. I guess life has been so busy, work has been busy, doctor appointments, errands, etc. have kept me from dwelling on the idea of him being away. I am VERY grateful for the daycare provider I have chosen. He is in a home daycare with an LDS woman who has been doing this for 30 years. I guess after raising 6 kids of your own and providing daycare for that amount of time, you pretty much know what you're doing. It may take a few days or weeks for the two to get acquainted, but in the meantime, they will both survive. Enzo had a great day there yesterday, so she said, but didn't smile for her once. The moment I took him away he was all smiles as I babbled with him. He's an amazing lil' boy and I'm so grateful to have him as my son.

Oh ya...2nd day of daycare and work we got out of the house in 24 minutes. I woke up late and feeling exhausted, but we did it. I won't mention what I look like today.

3 comments:

And I Call This My Life... said...

Enzo is so cute. I'm glad you picked a wonderful lady to take care of your son :) That's settling. You're a great mom, linds.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! What was he talking about?I sure do love that expression.
Grandma B.

ashley said...

I hope day care is still going good! Of course he is all smiles when he sees him momma!