Saturday, February 16, 2008

What to write about...

Every one tells me that my blog is boring because I don't update it enough. I guess it's hard to find time to sit at the computer and write when you're working 40 hours a week and being a mom full time. On top of that, life needs to be handled as far as bills, cleaning, laundry, dishes...oh ya, I get to eat, too. So, no one cooks for me, I do it all myself and I feel I do a pretty good job at it. Sometimes I can get down on myself because I get to feeling overwhelmed and need a break. Now, when I talk of a break, I just mean seeing new faces, new scenery, window shopping or even real shopping. I enjoy Target, maybe too much. I think you can find me there a few times a week.
Tomorrow is going to be interesting. I have never been to my ward, but I need to go and like Paul says, continue to go. It's a big deal for me because I haven't walked into a church alone for years, but I'm not alone now, Enzo will be walking in with me...or in my arms. Now, how do I track down that Bishop of mine? Do I run to him after Sacrament? Or do I catch him before Sacrament? Either way, it's a must that I track him down. I have a handsome son that needs to be blessed. I have a date set, but yet, I'm not on the ball with getting things ready for that day. Tomorrow will be a start and possibly a new beginning for us.
I'll end this with a funny. I got stuck in the snow the other day. I parked in front of Enzo's daycare and upon leaving found that I wasn't going anywhere. My tires were spinning, but I wasn't moving. Sometimes I think I need a four wheel drive, but then again, this is the first bad winter in the 3 that I've been here. We'll see where I'm at financially come fall and decide from there, but I really love my car, besides the NO POWER LOCKS. It's funny how my niece gets in the car and asks why we have to pull up and push down on that lock. Times have changed, that's for sure.
Ok...I'm rambling now. Hope you are all doing fantastic.
I'll leave you with yet another picture of Enzo, my handsome fella.
Paul, if you or Brandy are reading this...do you have a play pen that's not being used for when I'm in Texas?

3 comments:

Paul said...

I believe we do have a playpen, but you should email Brandy about it because I sometimes forget important things.

I remember when I went back to church, I entered the doors with much of the family, but I was still very much alone. Up to that time in my life it was one of the most difficult things I had ever done. It turned into the most rewarding -- something I have never regretted for a second.

You may think you know what blessings are ahead if you come back, but I'm here to tell you that you don't understand the half of it. If you can find the strength to recommit yourself th the savior you will have so many blessings you won't be able to count them.

And you will come to understand the peace which surpasses all understanding.

I hope you make it. If you feel alone, just know that I'm praying for you and want the best for you and your young son.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, When I went to church in Texas everyone surrounded me, I walked in late and they stopped the hymns and everyone raced up to be the first to shake my hand, hug me and invite me over for pie. It is pretty cool.
I hope you went, as you seek to do what is right, you will be blessed. Look at the example of every family member you know who has struggled, then tried to do what is right, blessings pour in. Love you.

Anonymous said...

just know this my friend. The LORD is with you no matter where you go. Although we all get that lonely feeling He is still there. He's smiling when we please Him. I walk into church every sunday by myself. In the beginning it was hard but I always have the presence of the LORD with me while I walk through those doors. As for your blessings you can't even imagine all the blessings the LORD has instore for you. Walk right and live right and just sit back and watch the blessings come. Also remember this you don't have to go to church to have a relationship with JESUS ask Him into your heart and He will enter GOD BLESS