Thursday, July 10, 2008

I love you Danny!

It's crazy to think that tomorrow 7/11/08 will be 6 years since the passing of Danny. I think of him daily and will never forget the amazing child that God gave me and the love he held for not only I, but every one around him. I love you son. Until We Meet Again...
I saw this poem and wanted to share because a lot of what it says is how I believe and cope. I try to live in Faith.

Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we are to each other, that we are still. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we have always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me, let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effect without the trace of a shadow on it, life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well.

-Henry Scott Holland

1847-1918

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey-
Know we are thinking of you! We love Danny and our goal is to live our lives in such a way that we will be able to be with him forever. When the kids feel like their really missing him they will say he's just challenging all the kids in heaven to play video games and looking at dinosaurs. It always makes us smile. It's fun looking in Enzo's eyes and realizing it wasn't too long ago that he was with his brother. We love you so much and our prayers and thoughts are with you tomorrow. We love your boys too and think they're pretty special.
Love Your Sister :0

Anonymous said...

I Love You Danny. A wonderful loving child.That poem is special.Our Danny lives on. Thank You .
Grandma

Anonymous said...

We too love Danny. Tori was talking about him the other day. Time does fly by and pass on yet he remains timeless. A perfect little boy until such time that you can be with him to raise him again.
We are all with you in heart this day Lindsey.
Love Keith