Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What's New

I just wanted to share a few new things about Enzo. He's growing up way too fast and it seems lately he's been growing twice as fast as before. I can't believe how times flies by us so quickly. It's such great joy being able to share special moments with my handsome fella.

Enzo is talking so much these days. He loves to hold a conversation with you and will try so hard to get words out, but we all know it's mumbo jumbo. His facial expressions that go along with it make it seem as if he's actually expressing a ton of feelings, which I'm sure he is. I feel like he understands what I'm saying and wants so hard to say things back. He's comical.

He also enjoys sticking out his tongue and spitting. I'm not how to describe that in words, but if you see it, you might know what I'm talking about.

BYE BYE, that's right! Enzo waves bye bye. Like most, he picks and chooses when he wants to wants to do it, but it's a fact. I swear he actually said it the other day, too. Actually, HE DID!

As more personality comes out, I'm seeing a little bit of a stubborn attitude coming out. Hmmm...where did he get that from? I can honestly say "both parents" Eekkk...I'm going to try my hardest to beat him of this habit. Wish me luck!

I think I have a late crawler, or maybe he'll never crawl. Enzo dislikes tummy time and always has. He sits up well, but when he falls backwards, which happens at times, he is like a fat kid yelling "help, I'm falling and I can't get up" It's too funny, I just laugh at him while trying to encourage him to get up. He cracks a smile while trying so hard, until finally I get him up myself. Children develop all different stages and I should enjoy the times he's not running around getting into everything. It's nice to be able to get ready in the morning or complete a small task while he sits next to me playing content with his toys. Enjoy it, right?!?!

Enzo spent a night at his fathers the other day, and when I got him back I said to his dad "he's growing up so much" He says "yes, and he's talking a lot, he says PAPA" When I replied to him I said "I know he says da da da da a lot" He seemed to get frustrated with me and says "NO! He says PAPA" I chuckled to myself and thought "it was probably BA BA" Whatever the case may be, we'll let him think what he wants.

We love to spend time at the park or just be outdoors. The other day I took Enzo after work and spent over an hour just laying out on a blanket and looking around at the beauty that surrounded us. I had a few snacks and baby food in the diaper bag, so I fed him dinner while we sat at the park. It was so nice to relax and not be cooped up in the house, if you know me, you know I hate being inside. I wish I had a house with a yard to care for, I would love to be outside while Enzo sat and played or watched me, maybe one day. I'll have to make that a goal for me someday.

Enzo is eating and loving all sorts of table foods. He loves graham crackers, cheerios, any kind of bread or muffin, beans, pasta, bananas, strawberries and pretty much any table food that you put in his mouth. His 3rd tooth was coming and has seemed to disappear. I hear they move up and down a bit before coming out, so I guess it's moved back up and will be coming back down soon. He's mastering the table foods though and has great reflux when it comes time to gag something up and chew it more before swallowing it again. I don't think I'll have much trouble with him ever choking, he handles it well.

He recognized his first stranger yesterday. A friend of mine came by to say hello to us and Enzo looked at him and looked at me and started to whine a bit. He's so use to being around family and there was some one else in his territory that he didn't recognize. Needless to say, he was sitting in his high chair, not in the comfort of his mommy's arms and that may have had something to do with it as well.






2 comments:

ashley said...

It's so fun to watch them grow! I looked at Wyatt in the backseat the other day and almost started to cry. He definately is not a baby anymore. He'll crawl eventually... for a minute maybe until he realizes he can just walk! =)

Paul said...

Was your friend who was visiting a man of high moral character? Maybe it's not that he is afraid of strangers. He could just be a good judge of character