Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Downhill Slope


Just when you think it will never end, things start looking better. Enzo has had a rough week, to say the least. The stomach flu/virus he caught was saddening and no fun for the both of us. To see a tiny one going through such a thing is heart breaking. On top of it, Enzo is cutting (3) new teeth at once. Not only have I had a rough week, but I can only imagine what he is feeling. The past few days though have been wonderful, he is finally feeling back to normal, so he acts. We've got back into our nighttime routine which I believe helps him in getting to sleep at night. We are back on track with one bath time before bed instead of 3 or so through out the day. I've started reading books to him before bed which I feel calms him and in turn will be a good learning experience.
I also wanted to tell you about a funny experience I've had with him recently. I remember chasing (crawling) babies around the house saying "I'm gonna get you" and seeing them crawl even faster while laughing. Being Enzo is a 'beginner' in his crawling stages I wasn't sure he would be even understand what I was trying to do, but I did it anyway. Oh boy did he catch on quick. So I start chasing after my boy, laughing and telling him I was going to get him. Enzo turned his head back, started laughing, looks forward, tries to crawl as fast as he can and *kirplunk* falls flat on his face, side, etc. It's too funny! It's a great time to watch him learn and grow.

P.S. He loves to sing!

0 comments: