Sunday, March 9, 2008

We did it!


Enzo and I went to church today, we almost didn't make it because for some reason this morning I was sure it started at 11:30 a.m. and then when it was 11:02 I panicked and said to myself "duh, it's at 11:00" I threw on my clothes, woke Enzo up and off we went. Good thing we live in Utah and don't have to travel to far to the church building. It happened to be a Missionary farewell, so that was pretty neat to hear. Enzo was so well behaved and alert with every thing around him. Upon leaving, I ran into a subcontractor for my job and he was pretty surprised to see me, sadly, I think he's in another ward. All in all, it's been a great day and I'm looking forward to next week at Davey's farewell. It's coming way too fast, in a matter of days he will be off to the MTC. I remember when my brother Paul went, I was so young, but that day will always be stuck in my mind. I also remember when he came back, oh and going with my mom to buy him some sandals, I forget what they call them, but there were comfy. Oh yea, Birkenstocks!

1 comments:

Paul said...

I'm proud of you and confident that it was not a coincidence that you saw somebody you know.

We had a lot of fun being around you during your visit to Texas. I'm sure if you continue to attend church there will be people who feel the same way about you as does my family.

I still have a tap from my mission farewell. I listened to it a few years ago and was surprised by what I considered a "rough edge" that came out in my speaking.

The gospel of Jesus Christ has changed me in a dramatic way. I am grateful for it.

My life before I began exercising faith and repentence could be compared to cheap dollar flip flops. It has been all Birkenstocks since I realized that the Savior is real and had power to act in my life.