Friday, January 18, 2008

He Never Said It Would Be Easy, Only That It Would Be Worth It!

I sat up last night and thought about life a lot. I thought about all the trials and tribulations I’ve faced in my life and questioned as to why I’ve been spinning in this whirlwind since the passing of my son Danny. It seems my life has never settled, I’ve been up and running for years, moving from place to place, switching phone numbers, making rational decisions, battling financial issues, etc. You could say this is just a way of life for some people, but I often wonder if the day will come where I’m just “settled” into my life and living the day to day activities without constantly having to make some sort of a “BIG” decision. In thinking of all this, I answer my own prayers. The still small voice whispers to me, “Lindsey, if you want the true happiness that is promised to you, you need to work for it” Ok ok, I know what it is I need to do, why sit and put it off if this is what you truly want from your life. Now I need to sit and write out some goals for myself and my life.

4 comments:

And I Call This My Life... said...

A-Freaking-Men, woman. I had the wake up call of a lifetime last night. I almost lost everything, because I have the tendency to give up for a minute. It is all worth it, in the end. 70 years from now, you'll look back at your life and be proud because of the things YOU worked for in YOUR life.

I love You.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, All the moving around has been to position yourself to be better, to think the way you are thinking. It will pay off to you as you continue to reach beyond all that you have ever been in faith, grasping ahold of the iron rod, knowing it will lead you to where you need and so desperately want to be.
You are blessed.
Love Keith

Paul I. said...

It's good to hear you are listening to the still small voice. I know that when I follow its prompitings I have more peace and happiness and less distractions in life. I hope you experience the same.

ashley said...

Look at your brothers! Makes me a little teary! Please hold while i gain my composure back... lol i'm not joking either! I agree though, I think every move you made has brought you to a better understanding of where you want your life to be. You never make a wrong choice, it's always the right one for you so that you can learn and grow from each experience. Hang in there girl! You'll be settled soon enough!