Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Reflecting back...

Happy 2008!


Reflecting back on 2007, I can't help to think that I'd rather not relive that year, but then again, have to look at it as a growing and learning experience. Actually, we'll just say the year started off amazing and ended amazing. I was blessed with a wonderful son, Enzo Nicolas, on November 29th. What a way to bring in Christmas and the New Year.


April 6th I found out, to my surprise, that I was going to be mothering another child. I had the fear for years that I'd never have the chance again, but found out that wasn't true. I had mixed feelings of fear and excitement knowing what was to come. The pregnancy was great considering I had blood pressure issues and I was blessed with Enzo in November.


I also sold my condo this year, which turned out to be a perfect time because the market took a dip shortly after. It turned out to be a blessing.


I can't think of anything more exciting that has gone on this year. Being pregnant and mothering Enzo has consumed most of the year. Enzo has been a wonderful joy to have in my home, but at the same time, it has been a challenge to try to become adapt to the wake up calls throughout the night. He has just recently began to sleep 4 hours throughout the night and today we started going a minimum of 3 hours between feedings. I am beginning the routing of giving him a bedtime bath before his evening feeding in hopes that something positive will come out of this. I have been blessed with the opportunity to bring him to work with me lately, in reality I should still be at home enoying him, but it's been very nice to get out of the house. I am not looking forward to taking him to daycare next month.


I am looking forward to the New Year and all of the adventures to come. I have some Resolutions in mind, but won't mention them in the event that they never happen. I wish you all the best for 2008!


I'd like to leave you with yet another picture of my handsome fella...




2 comments:

Paul said...

Your mention of resolutions that you won't share sounds a lot like some of the logic Jake uses when he talks about his women friends. Isn't it better to let everyone know your goals so they can encourage and support you?

ashley said...

life is amazing!