Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Always test the water first...

Just a little warning for all you out there! Always test the bath water for you or your children before getting in. I say this because last night I learned and thought I'd share quite the funny with you. I guess so long as I can make every one laugh, including myself, life is good.

I started the bath water last night and tested it as it was running, plugged it up and waited for it to fill. As I stepped both feet into the water I was suddenly awakened by the scolding hot water. I don't think I've ever felt such hot water on my feet, so what did I do...JUMPED as high and fast as I could out of the tub, to only go slippin' and sliding flat on my rear! OUCH! My mother was in the living room and we all know how fast she'll jump and run when something goes wrong, but I assured her that things were ok. She had thought the baby bath had crashed, but I pretty much crashed into it. I guess you could say it was like sliding into 2nd base. Needless to say, when I actually told my mother what happened, her worried look suddenly turned into a chuckle and she laughed at me. It's funny to think about, but not something I want to relive. I'm suddenly getting sore and that can't be a great thing. I'm just grateful all my bones are still together.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I hope she didn't curse. I know she likes to do that when she get nervous.

A Day in the Life... said...

No, she didn't even budge of the couch... we did have an incident earlier in the day...sadly, when I almost got creamed by a semi! It was pretty scary and sad because the driver did it on purpose!