Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Daycare

As some of you know, Enzo will be changing daycares. I haven't yet found the one I want, a possible choice, but I'd like to look at one more before I make the final choice. I will be looking at it tomorrow and then should know which I'd prefer at that time. It really saddens me to take him away from one and have to be acquainted to another, but at the same time, I am doing it for all the right reasons. I've had my concerns about where he's at and they were confirmed at his 4 mo. check up by his pediatrician. Basically, I don't believe that Enzo, nor any other children at the home daycare, get the adequate attention or are watched after as they should. It seems to me that my son is in a bedroom all day listening to Itsy Bitsy Spider, pretty soon he'll be doing the hand motions automatically. I feel that he needs more interaction, even if it's just being in a room with a few other kids. He is at a stage in his life where his brain is rapidly developing and to be stuck in a room all day is a form of abuse, neglect to be exact. As my pediatrician stated, "he only has one brain" I've had other concerns about his feedings, but we won't get into that.



It was hard to tell her we were going and had other plans, I do like the person she is, in fact, I love her, but I have to think of the well being of my precious child. I honestly think this womans time is done watching children. She's been doing it for 30 years and is just done! She's older and set in her ways, she wants her time and her freedom, she doesn't want to watch some one else's children all day...she'd rather care for her grandchildren and that's her plan in the next 2 years when she retires. Oh well, life goes on and I wish her all the best of luck, I just need to do what I feel is right for my child and his development.
Some fun pictures of my baby boy! He's a ham...a ladies man I might add.

3 comments:

Jennifer Anne said...

I'm glad your moving daycare's....as hard as it may be and as much as you don't want too, it's for the best. He needs more loving attention. I love that little man, how adorable are these pictures?! AH, i just want to take him home! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

I like the middle piture of Enzo the best. He looks like he just picked a bugger. Love it

ashley said...

He looks more and more like his dad everyday... kinda like wyatt! haha